Friday, May 15, 2009

Giant Box Stores

I am a Costco fan. Maybe fan is too weak. I am a Costco evangelist... I am not the type to stick to the same old list. If I find something new at Costco I am liable to try it. And I wonder why I can't keep the tab under a 100.

That being said, I also have a Sam's Club membership. Yes, I feel like I'm cheating on my hotter, sexier box club.

The Sam's Club membership is cheap - 40. I did it for the Pampers. We have the Exec Costco membership - which is great because we earn points towards...more Costco purchases. But I had to get Sam's Club because Costco stopped selling Pampers a few years back and Huggies never held it all in for my girls. I hear boys are great with Huggies. So I bought the Sam's Club membership for the giant Pampers boxes.

One day I decided to stroll the asiles. Which was a hard thing to do because, let's just face facts... just like Walmart (who owns Sam's Club) is like hanging out with the trolls under a bridge.... so is Sam's Club.

In fact, remember those SAT things... Costco is to Target as Sam's Club is to.... Walmart.

I did discover some things though. Sam's Club has great individually packaged snacks that my girls like. From Snyder's pretzels to Pirate's Booty. I'm telling you, Pirate's Booty in individualized bags has saved my sanity, many a car ride. They have other treats too.

But when it comes to the real stuff that matters, like fresh fruit and other staples - I trust only Costco.

I guess that's a long way of saying... if you can only get one membership - go for quality - COSTCO baby. But ... Sam's Club has a few fringe benefits too.

For the record - our box clubs where we are... are seriously across the street from each other... so a lot of us have both memberships.

4 comments:

La Yen said...

Amen, sister. But I may have to go to Sams if they have the individual booty, now.

QueenScarlett said...

My girls always beg for booty. Pirate's Booty! hahaha

Christina Lyon Maughan said...

Oh, I love Pirate Cannon Balls! Yummy. I hate stepping into Walmart. Just walking through the door makes me feel like white trash.

I rarely go to Costco anymore because I just spend too much money. It is so hard to stroll down the aisles without buying something that I really don't need.

QueenScarlett said...

Christina - totally agree with you about Walmart. I can count on one hand how often I've been there. ;-) Plus, Target is closer. ;-)

I love buying in bulk and having it all there ready to use when I need it. ;-) But I do agree - sometimes it's too overwhelming. Although I never do mall/clothes shopping... it's all about the food for us. ;-)